Thursday, October 30, 2008

Roma Rodeo

In 2007 I lived in Australia. I went to Australia on my own, to study, without knowing anyone over there, down under. It became a giant life experience. Anyhow...

The coolest thing and most unreal thing in Australia was when Katie (Irish classmate) and I went to Roma in Queensland for the annual International Rodeo Competition during easter. It took us two days by car there, giant road trains (GIANT! trucks with stuff or animals), desert, jackaroos along the road. Everything and everywhere else I saw or met in Australia felt or looked like something I've already seen - on the news or internet or something before I came there. But that road trip. Wow. Just amazing. And the rodeo. We got there, I bought a hat in kangaroo skin. Everyone there was wearing shirts, jeans, boots and hats. Everyone. And horses and dogs everywhere. Unreal. Just freaking unreal. But wonderful in a weird kinda way.

Here's some of the pics I took:





No comments: